Translate

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Edward Snowden

In all honesty, I am almost completely ignorant of the travesties of Edward Snowden. I don’t know what he actually did; and, therefore, I have no opinion except for one
.
My government has good reason to classify tactical defense secrets. My government has good reason to classify strategic defense secrets. I can and do understand that my security and the security of my country depends upon it. It’s my government’s business and responsibility as they work for me to insure that security–not mine.

On the other hand, however, if my government decides to create a public policy of spying on citizens without probable cause, I believe that is my business. The key word(s) is public policy. In a democratic republic, wherein my government works for me, I have a right to know my government’s policy. It is my business.

For that, I thank you, Mr. Snowden.

Ronald Miller

mtss86@bellsouth.net

No comments:

Post a Comment